WHAT'S NEW WITH ME IN 2023? (Ft. a Flash Fiction Challenge!)

by - January 02, 2023


 


Hello, everybody! This isn't my traditional Wrapping up 2022, Establishing 2023 post--that will come NEXT week, when I've actually made my New Year's resolutions. The purpose of this post is to talk about some very exciting things I'll be doing in 2023 in hopes of growing my author brand and my writing--as well as growing my relationship with you guys! 

There are four of these things, so we'll tick them off real quick (except the last one. Hold onto your hats, because the last one is easily my favorite thing I'll be doing this year mwahaha)


Instagram

If you don't already follow me on Instagram, you should. I'll be posting both reading and writing updates over there, probably far more than I'm posting on my blog. I'm also planning to be posting more reels and just trying to be more engaged--I love my followers, and I want my Insta to be a friend-filled and happy place! So give me a follow over there for lots of writing excerpts, my reading updates, and (probably boring) life things.


 

R. F. Gammon (@rfgammonauthor) • Instagram photos and videos


Blog

I always say I'm going to do better about blogging, but this year I MEAN IT Y'ALL. We're doing graphic design. We're doing a SCHEDULE. We're doing ALL THE THINGS.

I'll be blogging on Mondays like always, 4 times a month, and my schedule is likely going to be something like:

1st Monday: Writing update or advice

2nd Monday: a short story (EEP)

3rd Monday: something poetic, something about God

4th Monday: Writing update or advice

You may notice that there's no life update type stuff on this list. (Even if you didn't: I'm pointing it out. Hahaha). And that is because OHOHO it's time for the REAL update:


Newsletter

You heard me right, folks. I am starting a newsletter and I am HYPED. 

My plan is for the newsletter to come out at the end of each month and include a life update, some writing, Bible verses, and my progress on my goals. All that good stuff. As I work on publication, I'll probably have some updates of that sort in there, too. I've been wanting to start some sort of mailing list FOREVER and I'm so excited that I finally have the chance to do that.

Subscribe

* indicates required
 



And now for the final thing that I'm SO excited to share: 

Fifty Flash Fictions 

I'm back to working for Havok this year, and I'm hoping to write a good bit for Havok, too. Flash fiction is such a fun way to flex your writing muscles--it's like the bicep curls you do to warm up before you start setting a deadlift PR. (I'm a gym rat these days, if you missed that). I love flash fiction, so I decided to set myself a challenge of writing lots of it this year. 

 Well. One thing led to another, and now I'm doing Fifty Flash Fictions, one for each week of the year (plus a little wiggle room because I know myself and two weeks off is probably going to be helpful.) I made a database of 65 prompts, of which I'll choose 50 as time goes on. Each month, I'll be posting one of those stories here, on this blog, on the 2nd Monday of each month. The other ones I'll be holding onto. Some I may submit to Havok. Some might be in the newsletter. Others I'll probably hoard like a dragon mwahahaha. But I'm excited by the prospect of that many finished short stories. 

 Here's where the newsletter and you guys come in! Each month, I'll be picking a prompt, which I will include in my newsletter when I send it out. At that point, I'd invite you to write your own flash fiction with that prompt, and then I'll be sharing mine on the blog. You don't have to participate in all 50 weeks to use the prompts, although if you'd like to, the more the merrier! Kal Tomson is planning to do the challenge with me, and I think Brooke will also be participating in some of the weeks. Just let me know in the comments if you're interested in joining. 


 So that's the post! I'm really excited for all that 2023 entails, and I can't wait to see where my writing goes. Talk to me down below! I'd love to hear from you all :)

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. So excited for all the things!!!!❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. *SHRIEKS* Faith has a newsletter!!! This is a happy day! *hits subscribe button as quickly as possible*

    Oh my goodness, Faith, all of this sounds AH-MAY-ZING and I'm so proud of you in all your endeavors! I am so excited for ALL of this! I cannot wait to see all the epicness I know you're going to create. Praying for you as you dive into this year! I do so hope it's a blessed one. Absolutely cheering you on, friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I'm excited to dive into all this too :D

      Delete
  3. WHOA, I am so excited for all of this! (Especially the newsletter — I have never smashed a subscribe button more wholeheartedly XD)

    Super hyped for everything you're setting out to do this year! Best of luck with all this writing in 2023! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only do I love that you're doing 50 flash fictions, I love that you're so organized and prepared for it!!

    thesocialporcupine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! It's mostly a facade but I'm really trying to be put together :D

      Delete
  5. Oooooh so excited for all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for this new year with your blog! And for the newsletter and the flash fiction challenges! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)