My Goals for 2023

by - January 09, 2023



  Hello guys! as it turns out, my blogging in 2021-2022 was so inconsistent that I simply...never shared goals for 2022. Suffice to say, I did not make most of them, so we're going to scrub that all clean and start over with my Hyper Realistic Goals for 2023.

Something that I've realized lately is that if you want to grow, you have to start by bursting out of the ground. For the longest time, I've felt like I was stuck in a bleak hole of depression and sadness. I've taken some important steps toward getting out of the hole, and now I think I might actually be out of the hole and standing on level ground. As a result, maybe I can actually grow.

That's where my goals come in. These aren't crazy ambitious, but they're a start. My hope for this year is that I'll be able to thrive.

I have WAY more goals than I'll be sharing here (some are personal; some are spiritual), but of the ones I'm striving for, here are the most important. A few of them. We be vibing this year.

1) ACTUALLY achieve my fitness goals.

I'm so close, y'all. So so close. My relationship with food has gotten so much better over the last couple years, and I don't have far to go to heal my body either (at least on that front). It's a constant effort and it's not easy by any means, but I'm so proud of how far I've come and I'm still working. 

2) Read 52 books.

My book count for 2022 was somewhere in the 30s, which was extremely disappointing. I own a lot of books I haven't read, and I'm an English major. I should be reading, dangit! One per week feels doable, especially if I'm counting all of the Shakespeare and Lewis I'll be reading for class in the spring. (I'm already at 2 at the time of the writing of this post. I'm sure I'll have more when it publishes. I'm an addict send help).

3) Reach 1,000 Instagram followers.

This, of course, means I have to actually post. Heh. That's always a challenge at school, but I feel like I've gotten back into the swing of it over December. shameless plug that if you haven't yet, you should go follow my instagram I'm going to start doing both writing-based posts (instead of just reading) AND reels (ew), and while my follower count is out of my control, I see no reason I can't reach 1,000 followers by the end of the year. I'm at almost 740 right now, which means I only need 260 more. Not too hard, right? Right??????

4) 50 Flash Fictions Challenge

I'm going to finish out this year with 50 completed short stories if it's the last thing I do *breathes heavily* 

5) Put $500 in short term savings.

Paying for my college usually puts my short term savings on the back burner, but I'm realizing: I might, possibly, actually need money for a *coughs* apartment haha at some point. Or an air fryer. I'd love an air fryer.

6) Work out three times per week.

Working out is one of my favorite activities, actually. I know, I know. But I love the gym, weightlifting, and the effort that leads to me being healthier, happier, and more active. I'm so excited to get back into it this year.

7) Write the first drafts of 2 novels. 

This is a huge goal, especially with school, but I did manage it in 2022 so I think it's possible for 2023. One of these is going to be an artsy, atmospheric thing that I know nothing about except Vibes. The other is the sequel to my assassin book, which I'll probably share more about later this year. These shouldn't be awful, and I'm excited to dive into both of them.

8) Learn at least 3 new vegan recipes.

I'd love to be sustainably vegan/pescetarian (I have a ton of food sensitivities, and eating sustainably vegan leads to much better health for me personally). Vegan recipes tend to be very, very hit or miss. My goal is to find a handful that I can make over and over someday--some new favorites that don't incorporate dairy or meat, if you will. Some kind of pasta recipe? Who knows, haha.

9) Memorize a full Psalm.

I've been bad about Bible memory in the past, and I want to get better with it. The easiest way to do that, imo, will be to pick a relatively short Psalm and just memorize the whole thing. Easy, but it'll poke my mind and get me on track.

10) Get better about giving.

I've felt super convicted about my (somewhat) miserly tendencies with money, and I want to do better about giving away to organizations that are doing God's work, both in America and beyond. 


In the end, my word for this year is: live. Not just survive: live. God has given me this one beautiful and precious life, and I am ready to live it to the fullest.


There you have it: my most important goals. I'll be updating on these in December, like I do every year. (Maybe a midyear update too? We'll see). What is your big New Year's resolution? Chat with me in the comments :)




You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. You know mine cuz we made them together haha 😂 but yes you need an air fryer in your life. Best invention ever. You've got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound like really good goals! I've not actually ever made goals at the beginning of the year? But I love reading other peoples' lists. :)

    "ACTUALLY achieve my fitness goals" <<I feel that. XD I am SO BAD about being active, unless I have a good reason to be!

    Memorizing a psalm is a great idea! I have a few memorized, and that really enriches my prayer--sometimes at the oddest times.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)