2022 WRAPUP POST

by - December 26, 2022


 


(the way I typed that post heading initially as 2002 wrapup hahahahaha help)

I struggle SO much with wrapping up years at this point--they feel infinite and yet like a matter of seconds. I've aged a lot, and my life no longer wraps up neatly into a nice little bow. But I'm going to share everything anyway, because I miss the days when we all did this.


Music of 2022



Writing playlists drove things less than usual this year, but we still listen to music for the Vibe and less for the lyrics. Lyrics are important, but like...meh.

Favorite artists of this year:

-Halsey (especially Castle and Darling)
-Noah Kahan (I LOVE music about complex relationships with home!)
-PVRIS (thanks, Brooke!)
-The Arcane soundtrack (not an artist, but I make the rules around here)
-Taylor Swift (Midnights wasn't my favorite album, but there were a couple standout tracks that made me audibly say WOW when I heard them)
-Tate McRae (people fully going to think I had a breakup this year but no she's just a vibe)
-Wake Low (if you want the Vibes and also incredible lo-fi music, please listen to them)
-Gray Havens (I SAW THEM LIVE AND IT WAS UNREAL)
-Andrew Peterson (ALSO SAW HIM LIVE)
-Andrew Osenga (latest discovery of the year, but GOSH he's incredible)


Books of 2022

According to my Goodreads Year in Books, the stats are:
-26 books read (too many for school)
-9,266 pages read (that's the physics book for you)
-Average rating of 4.1 stars (I've gone soft in my old age)

Overall favorites:
THIS TRILOGY. Haven't read book 3 yet but GOODNESS 4.5 stars overall to the first two. I love mysterious mystery-type mysteries and this one DELIVERED


WESTERN FANTASY WITH MOTORCYCLES???? YES PLEASE


Buddy read with Brooke, and it's actually another mystery? I do NOT read this many but Caroline George can write any genre and I'll thank her for it



Sometimes, when you've spent your entire life asking why, you need a book like this to smack you in the face and send you back to your senses. Wow.


Writing

-Okay I actually wrote a lot this year? Surprise?
-Spring was basically nothing because I took too many classes but I wrote a 40-page paper on billionaires and historical corruption
-I also wrote a paper on Virginia Woolf that I absolutely loved 
-Over the summer: A short novel called Wanderess and the Winged which needs heavy edits before it can see the light of day but IT EXISTS
-Fall: I wrote Knife in the Back which I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about but it exists also
-Lots of planning for next year!
-EDITING A MAGIC STORY THAT'S A LOT OLDER BUT I'M SO EXCITED 

Life

-JANUARY: College was a thing, yes, yes, yes
-FEBRUARY: Financial problems! Exhaustion! 
-MARCH: the way I remember NOTHING from the spring semester is deeply concerning
-APRIL: My 19th birthday! Going home! Sleep! The Concussion!
-MAY: Became an events assistant and started working full time 
-JUNE: The Concussion 2.0 and I remember nothing else
-JULY: Traveling through the entire American West. Cooking on a budget! Writing!
-AUGUST: SO much crazy
-SEPTEMBER: Gray Havens concert! School! 
-OCTOBER: New boss! School! 
-NOVEMBER: SCHOOL
-DECEMBER: *long, drawn out deep breath*


All in all, it's been a year of all over the place. Huge life things have happened, many of which I continue to hold close to my chest. But God is still good. And my reminder to all of you, as to myself, is this: God will hold us fast.

Tell me about your year in the comments!

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. Actually you are 20 but its okay the years go by too quickly 😂 glad to have been a part of your 2022. Onto 2023 and even better things 💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait <3 you're such a gift, thank you for always being by my side

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had such a big year! (But concussions what??? FAITH. D: That's so scary!) I think it's so admirable that despite all the craziness you still made time for writing. That is a beautiful thing!

    I do hope 2023 proves to have much more peace and be utterly filled with joy. I know God has used you in so many amazing ways and He will continue to. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Concussion is all better now, thank youuu <3

      Delete
  3. Concussion 2.0??? Are you okay?? XD

    That's great that you did a lot of writing this year!! My writing's been coming in sporadic seasons- sometimes I write a ton and sometimes I go for months without opening a manuscript. XD Praying for a blessed 2023 for you, friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am xD There have been FAR worse health things lately tbh, but that one was notable.

      Thank you! Same to you <3

      Delete
  4. Haha, I totally understand music for the Vibe and not the lyrics! Usually, I'm working on something else and never hear the lyrics anyway.

    YOU SAW ANDREW PETERSON LIVE? SO COOL!

    Till We Have Faces is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. One of my favorites for sure!

    I'm going to join the chorus and say that two concussions sounds very concerning and you need to reassure us of your wellbeing posthaste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed xD school necessitates it.

      YES! TWICE BRO TWICE!

      It's so good!

      I'm good I'm good xD Thanks for the concern!

      Delete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)