Top Reads of 2024: First Third of the Year!

by - April 23, 2024

 

It's April! I know that's late, but y'all: I have a full five five-star books at this point in the year! (Huge deal, actually, I am the pickiest reader who's ever lived). This will be a quick post, but I wanted to pop in and give some recommendations about what I've enjoyed up to this point in the year!

I know lots of people were disappointed with this sequel, but it was everything I could have wanted. A fully realized world, a beautiful depiction of romance, new subplots? Incredible. 5 stars.



The most truly bizarre but meaningful short epic poem. I don't recall the last time I had this much story fodder from a poem. Not a hard read as far as classic poetry goes--I strongly recommend, especially if you can get ahold of a copy with Dore's illustrations.

Literally my top sequel of 2024 thus far and I'm counting down the days to Book 3. I'm obsessed with this series. I need MORE.


I have been waiting for my dear friend Katie to release this book for YEARS and I'm so glad she finally did! I flew through this book and I loved it with my entire soul and I need the sequels.

Serious trigger warnings for this book, but I'm obsessed with this author. If you're uncomfy with themes of SA and difficult mental repercussions that follow, this won't be your book. But this is probably the best take on how awful r*pe culture is and double standards between the genders.



What have been your top books so far this year? Chat with me in the comments!







You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. AH I LOVED RUTHLESS VOWS SO MUCH. it was the perfect end to such a gorgeous duology.

    I need to read Water Horse! It looks incredible. Currently reading Emily Henry's newest book (Funny Story), and already know it'll be a top favorite of 2024.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)