What if Our Writing Was Honest?

by - July 24, 2023

 Hello. My name is Faith, and I am terrible at being honest.

That might be a weird way to intro a post. You folks might be confused by it. But I want to say it. I need to say it. I am terrible at honesty in my writing.

For so long, my goal has been honesty in storytelling. I want my books to tell the story of reality as it truly is. I want the books I write to be valuable because they are real and honest and speak to something very deep in the world. I want their themes to matter and touch people's souls.

But I can't even be honest with myself half the time in my books.

Who am I? Who is the person who wrote those books? I'm not sure I know. But what I do know is this: My books are valuable and they are full of truth. 

Just a few ways I have encountered truth in this art form, ways I've found to slip pieces of a higher Something into my words:

  • Pentegreens: one of the main themes is the weak being made strong. Kindness and love can save all things--but GOODNESS they are hard to actually attain. There is a scene with a dream of peace, one that does not remove all of the pain already faced, but which washes over the MC.
  • Watched: can you hold onto anything that does not matter? Can you hold onto what matters when everyone in the entire world is against you?
  • Holding Up the Sky: love is important. Love is the thing that holds all things together, and the gifts we've been given as creatives help keep the world together.
I want to be honest. I want to share more.

I'll be sharing more about my newest WIPs soon, so stay tuned for that. And by soon: I do mean very soon. I can't wait to tell you guys about the newest step in my author journey.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)