So. I Wrote Another Book.

by - July 03, 2023


 

GUYYYYYS oops I. Did it again.

*channels Britney for about one second before puking*

Sorry, where was I? Oh yeah, MY NEW BOOK! Guys, I'm so so so stoked to reveal the working title and blurb for my WIP/the book I just finished! So without further ado: let's get RIGHT into this and talk about my book, which I wrote from May-June! (Not as impressive as it sounds--it is not very long, haha).


Traitor, Traitor

He's trying to find his brother. She wants to avenge hers. If they're going to succeed, they'll have to trust each other--but out here, trust can be deadly.

Miranda's brother went missing a year ago on the Mountain, a place where all kinds of crimes are completely legal. Outside the jurisdiction of the Courts, the Killing Mountain is a place rife with crime, where murderers get off scot-free...as long as they don't get caught by the vigilantes who seek their own form of justice. And then there are the blood traders to contend with, sworn to a non-lethal code, but willing to resort to violence to stop people from reaching the Mountain in the first place.

Miranda is not afraid of vigilantes or traders. She will have justice for her brother's death, come what may. But when she meets Joseph--a pacifist who just wants to reach the other side of the Mountain--her world is shaken. Throw in a blue-eyed stalker and a woman who loves shooting as much as she loves silks, and Miranda has far more than she signed up for. Trusting Joseph may be her only way out...unless Joseph is the killer himself.


About 60k-ish words

Fantasy thriller

Probably best described as The English (miniseries) meets The Scorpio Races meets real-world Yellowstone National Park with LOTS of Western tropes


I love this book so much, y'all. It's very different from anything else I've ever written--more Western than fantasy, not very character-driven, and no wars at all. This is a quest for vengeance--or is it justice? Hard to tell when the lines get this blurred.

Without further ado: My characters!


Joseph//run boy run//Woodkid

motorcyclist//i'm a pacifist, not an idiot//medical history//not afraid of the dark//normal face//short king vibes//will yell at death itself//home love family


Miranda//breath of life//Florence + the Machine

gunslinger//in another life, she'd be a cowgirl//family MEANT everything//don't talk about weakness to me//big and tough//not secretly lonely, why?//misses home more than words can say



Emma//no mercy//pvris

a blood trader//pleas don't make me hurt anyone//pink silk dresses//justice matters//we can FIX this world//just keep trying//a dead shot//this story's Sheriff




Him (TM)//villain of my own story//unlike pluto

alone in the world//we can't fix it, so let's burn it//that wasn't an attack, that was a hug//NOT the villain//needs to find a hobby or something



While that is it for principle characters, there are a few twist characters/spoilers I can't give right now. However, this is what we have for rn! I'm so excited for the day some of y'all can read this book, if you're so inclined. Second drafts are coming eventually AND THEN. Then, we can move on to exciting things with this particular book.

In case anyone was actually paying this close of attention, which I doubt: I AM still working on Deal of Knives. There will be more on that coming. Right now, I've realized I probably need to rewrite most, if not all, of Act I in that book, and that's a huge project, bigger than I've been able to take on right now. That book is carrying a huge weight as the initial book in what's become a 6.5 book series (.5 is the novella in the middle), and I need it to be the best it can possibly be. So. We'll be talking more about it later.

What are you working on right now? Talk to me in the comments! Do you like Westerns?




You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Oooooh!!! Confession: I don't really like Westerns. But THIS. This intrigues me GREATLY. It sounds so twisty and I adore the characters already. YES for a sharpshooter who loves pretty dresses. THE BEST. Everyone sounds so interesting and dynamic.

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us! It sounds EPIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this story sounds AMAZING, oh my goodness. I'm gonna second Christine on the sharpshooter-who-likes-dresses point. And inspired by Yellowstone??? I'm sold already XD

    (Ack, and good luck with Deal of Knives! That revision sounds intense, but you got this!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to second what Christine said...I don't realy like Westerns, but I'm Most Intrigued by this! Especially the Yellowstone tie-ins. I like Yellowstone. *grins*

    And your CHARACTERS! They sound AMAZING! (Especially Joseph and Miranda.)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)