the world is full and i am not so empty

by - June 29, 2021

 there are so many people out there

people with souls

people with darkness in their eyes

the sadness taken and twisted into something worse

and then there are those who are still alone

still hurting and still so sad

but i wonder...where is the divide?

when did we decide some were hopeless

and some had a chance

why do we get to make that call at all

there are monsters in our midst

but we're far too eager to view them as misunderstood

to let the true monsters slide by

excuses excuses

while we blast those who need our help for their behavior


and truly, who am I?

what is this world that we live in

full of souls

full of the dark

but i am full too

full of questions

uncertainty and loneliness

but also filled up

despite my unworthiness

by the love of One who will see me through the darkness

a Father who will not leave

who loves all his children



because I'm not anything

not without Him

but maybe i am not so empty

because even though the world is full

He saw me, and He loved me


This poem came to me as I sat here trying to figure out what to blog. I hope it resonates with you. 

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. ❤❤❤ its beautiful. Lovely poetry boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU WRITE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WORDS. *happy tears* Absolutely adored this. Thank you for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah, Faith. I love the stuff you write. <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, this is amazing, Faith <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those last few lines especially: "but maybe i am not so empty / because even though the world is full / He saw me, and He loved me." That hit deep. So good <3


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, my friend. You're truly wise beyond your years. <3333

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)