Let's Get Real About Fall 2020

by - November 02, 2020

 I am tired.

My body is run-down with exhaustion and no matter how much I sleep it's not enough. The deadlines come fast and furious, and college is a sea of masks and papers and exhaustion.

What is the point, I wonder.

This last week, I'll be honest: I sat down and cried over the US election. I strongly dislike both parties and I hate everything about what this election is doing to our country. I very much and very firmly believe that Jesus is on the throne. I believe that he can do ANYTHING he wants out of this. 

But oh, that doesn't mean I have to be excited about the prospect of what's quite possibly coming.

There is so much pain and brutality among our land right now. We're so divided. Sometimes I wonder how long it really will be until the second Civil War. I'm tired. I'm tired.

Saturday night I went to a Halloween party, and it seemed like every time we lost sight of the fact that this wasn't normal, someone started screaming for everyone to social distance. And the moment was broken. And the new normal flooded back in, and the pain was very much there again.

I wear the mask when I can, but the asthma has been getting worse and worse lately as seasonal allergies fluctuate and I've had a couple of minor colds. There are so many people looking to inform me that I must wear a mask, that Covid will hurt me if I get it, that I'm one of the high-risk people. I struggle with that daily--I know the averse effects of my health if I get Covid, but if I wear the mask, the asthma will make daily life a struggle. 

My heart hurts.

And I want to know where I'm going. What my future looks like. They always told me college was a time of transition, but trying to imagine the transition out of here and into the Real World, a world changing and falling apart. 

I'm not sharing this looking for pity.

I share this to say: You are not alone. If you have a strange sense of both security in the Father and a constant halo of question marks swirling about your brain, you aren't alone. God's got it under control. Of COURSE he does. That is a fact.

But the fact doesn't just...get rid of all emotions.

And it's okay to be tired. It's okay to be scared.

We don't know what this world will look like at the end of this week. But humanity continues, and God is still on his throne. There is GOOD in the world still. Maybe we have to look a little harder to find it. But it's there.

So let's all take a breath and give ourselves permission to be tired and to sleep and to take some time off. It's okay if you can't do it all.

You're still enough.

It's hard. It's HARD. Don't forget that it's okay for it to be hard.

And remember: It is enough that Jesus is on the throne.

Maybe it doesn't feel like it yet. But it is.

He is still God. He is still good. 


How are you doing? <3 If you're doing NaNo, how have the first couple days been? Chat with me and tell me how YOU are doing. I want to hear from you.

You May Also Like

15 comments

  1. very beautiful, boo. This post is going to inspire so many people. You're amazing. I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. this fall has been so hard, with the accelerated semester and online classes and midterms seemingly every other week. it's been hard to get accustomed to the strict covid rules, too. but God is still Sovereign, no matter how crazy and chaotic our country is right now. ♥️

    love this post. ♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes *sobs* It's been SO rough. But He is still good. And we have to keep coming back to that truth.

      Delete
  3. Love this post, Faith. It's so easy for me to get overwhelmed with everything going on in the world and in school. But you're right - God's still here. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sobs* I don't really know what to say except I'M SORRY and AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a strange and tense time, I've been feeling the affects a lot too.
    But your right God has us.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. "He is still God. He is still good." AMEN. Such important words to remember right now.

    I'm so, so sorry you're having such a hard time, but THANK YOU for always sharing your heart and giving us such hope. Your words bless me every. single. time.

    Love you so much, Faith! Praying for you, dear friend. I hope these last couple of months prove to be much brighter for you. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. "If you have a strange sense of both security in the Father and a constant halo of question marks swirling about your brain, you aren't alone." <--- Girl, how do you always say what I need to hear? Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen. God will never change and he is still in control.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Tired" very accurately describes how I've been feeling lately, too. Not just physically tired (although there's a good share of that too). I'm just weary. I'm sorry you've been feeling that way, too. <3

    Thank you for sharing your heart. Praying for you! <3

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is such a blessing, Faith! <3 Yes, it's hard, and yes everything about the election just makes me want to crawl in a hole and hide, but YES AND AMEN to God still being on the throne!!! ������

    I am so sorry it's been hard for you! <3 I pray things get better for you soon! ^_^

    I've been doing an unofficial NaNo and I just reached 11,000 words last night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally understand this. the year has been hard on us all. definitely hard but I'm sure we will all come out stronger for this.

    r.e
    a thousand broken words

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)