INKTOBER: Lessons Learned, Pictures Drawn

by - November 04, 2019

Hello, everybody! I'm coming at you today with a blog post of all my pictures from Inktober way back in October. I know everyone, including me, is talking about NaNoWriMo right now, so here's a post that has nothing at all to do with word counts, writing, or anything else and is just my attempts to draw with a dollar store pen. 

Some of these are based on prompts; some of them were just things I felt like drawing. I hope you enjoy this mini-gallery of my art!

DAY ONE

No prompt on this one. Just THE SWORD


DAY TWO

Maynard, my protagonist from a project that is currently being plotted (more coming about that one soon so STAY TUNED)

DAY THREE

[I was super busy this day so...no drawing]

DAY FOUR

I kinda hate this picture, a lot, but it's Esma Pentegreen


DAY FIVE

Prince Izek, one of the main protagonists of my upcoming epic fantasy series (I drew this with a reference photo look at me go)

DAY SIX

Who better to draw for "villain" than the man, the myth, the legend himself, Lord Dauthang? But if you thought you were getting a face...haha think again

DAY SEVEN

I had no ideas from the prompts for this day so I just drew my own version of the lighthouse painting my mom has on our mantelpiece.


DAY EIGHT

I finished this about 11:30 at night. It's a picture of my heart from 9th grade. The theme was "frail" so yeah this shows how angsty I was back then haha

DAY NINE

I wanted to draw all the options for ships in my Pentegreens series, and for the prompt "princess"...which better to do than my princess character and the guy who's probably used her first name rather than calling her princess about five times in three books (also, not all these ships are canon just FYI. It's just that y'all go crazy when it comes to shipping my characters and I felt like fanning that flame)

DAY TEN

[actually the last picture took two days lol]

DAY ELEVEN

I can't draw hands... but look it's a person with snow powers


DAY TWELVE

[nothing this day either]

DAY THIRTEEN

When you misread the prompt and think it's "forest" when it's something entirely different so you run out of ideas and draw a Doctor Who reference that makes you cackle and no one else will get

DAY FOURTEEN

I have no idea what this is. This is the halfway point, also known as the point where I realized that if I didn't take this challenge seriously, I was going to give up.


DAY FIFTEEN

So on day fifteen, for the prompt Legend, I drew Peter Pan, and more specifically...Lila Kims' version of him! 


DAY SIXTEEN

What is this and who is this? I don't know and neither do you

DAY SEVENTEEN

"Why is he so sad, Faith?" everyone asks, including Nicki Chapelway, whose character this is. Well, to that I can only say: ASK NICKI. *clears throat meaningfully*

DAY EIGHTEEN

[I had a plan for this day. It failed. RIP me.]


DAY NINETEEN

the second in my ship drawings--this one is Clarence and Esma of Pentegreens. (Except most of you think he looks wrong so SHEESH I just can't please anyone)

DAY TWENTY

The twin sister of my prince character Izek back at the beginning of the challenge

DAY TWENTY-ONE

No context but yeah

DAY TWENTY-TWO

[this one is also redacted for spoilers but the prompt is ghost and let's just say...I cried. Lila cried. Nicki cried. They're the only ones who have seen it but THERE WERE TEARS OKAY]

DAY TWENTY-THREE

What says "ancient" like Wonder Woman????

DAY TWENTY-FOUR

Ship number 3 from Pentegreens (but actually just an excuse to draw the Spider-man kiss, because I thought these characters would be the most likely to actually get into this situation)

DAY TWENTY-FIVE

This took two seconds and is basically just a photo representation of the prequel to the Pentegreens series

DAY TWENTY-SIX

[nothing]


DAY TWENTY-SEVEN

And finally, ship number 4. Y'all's favorite, I think, judging by feedback from beta readers. Enjoy.

DAY TWENTY-EIGHT

[Today, I outlined the big picture coming on the thirtieth.]


DAY TWENTY-NINE

[today, I inked the big picture coming on the thirtieth]

DAY THIRTY

Sadly, this is sideways. However. We must make sacrifices, and I don't feel like rotating it, so...here's the whole gang as of TKD!!!!!
Things I love about this picture:
-Anna looking like a giraffe
-Rishatta off to the side because no one wants him
-everyone has a little bit of color to their skin...and then there's Esma
-is that Derek or Clarence's hand on Esma's shoulder who can know
-Kariana looks like Pippi Longstocking tbh
-Derek trying to flirt
-Clarence is supposed to have a hair flip but instead looks like he has a topknot or something

DAY THIRTY-ONE

Not quite the right shade of green for her skin, but LOOK! I drew Elphaba! :D

And that, my friends, is a wrap. I drew SO MANY pictures this month and I love the vast majority of them. I think this challenge definitely grew me as an artist and I had a ton of fun doing it, and I'm excited to do it again next year (maybe. College might eat me first, who knows).

Did you do Inktober? Do you like these drawings of mine? Am I cruel to draw all the ship options and taunt you with them? (the answer is, of course, yes). Chat with me in the comments!

You May Also Like

22 comments

  1. Giirrrlll I love these drawings and I'm so proud of you for sticking to the end. Unlike me XD

    You know what ships I approve of XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuuu xD And the pictures you did do were brilliant, as well as the non-Inktober ones ;)

      Oh, of course, of course *smirks*

      Delete
  2. I loved seeing your pictures all month. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on doing Inktober! It's harder than people think. Love these!!
    Especially the Doctor Who one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! But I definitely saw improvement in my art, so it was worth it!
      Thanks! I like that one a lot xD

      Delete
  4. Cool pictures. I did Inktober as well and need to get a recap up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I can't wait for that! I loved seeing all your stories all month.

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's such a big accomplishment!! I always start out strong for these kind of challenges and then fade as the month progresses. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD I usually do too? But this time I forced myself to push through. I'm sure sometime you'll be able to finish a challenge like this!

      Delete
  6. So cool! I love the Elphaba drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ALL of these!! And I'm forever super excited and honored that you drew my Peter. :')

    The Day 19 one is soooooo precious even if Clarence does not look like how I imagine him. XD And then Day 27 is, naturally, my favoritest thing on this entire planet. But all of them are AMAZING, and I could look at them forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lila, you typed an extra number. It happens to everybody, so don't worry, but I just wanted to make sure that Faith knows that you MEANT to say 9 is the best, not 19. XD (#sorrynotsorry)

      Delete
    2. Your Peter is precious! <3 I love him so much.

      I just can't make people happy when it comes to Clarence xD I love number 27 a good bit myself. I'm so glad you liked!!!!!!!


      (Clare, honey, you're gonna trigger people. Including me. STAWP. xD)

      Delete
  8. I've never done Inktober, but it looks like so much fun!! I think I might try it next year!

    THE DOCTOR WHO REFERENCE. WHY.

    I think 15 and 16 are my favorites. I like the emotions (though they're not very similar, lol) in both.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tons of fun! And I hope you do--I'd love to see your attempts.

      *cackles*

      I like both of those, too! Number 16 is probably my favorite one of the month.

      Delete
  9. Since I FAIL to keep up with all the things on IG so, so bad, this was a treat getting a full view of all your pictures!!!! I'm so in awe of everyone who does Inktober. You guys are awesome.

    And and and...THESE PICS! ALL THE SHIPS. You are just terrible. XDDD But I mean, NUMBER NINE. *squeaks*

    I love the Spider-man kiss one, too! And the Doctor Who one is a BRILLIANT way to draw a "forest". Genius!

    Number 16 is one of my favorites! Even though I have no clue what's going on. XD But it's such a good, intriguing pic!

    AND THEN DAY 30! IT'S THE WHOLE GANG. AAAAHHHHHH!!! Your commentary on it is golden too. "is that Derek or Clarence's hand on Esma's shoulder who can know" LOLZ.

    This was a treat! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aghhhh I'm so glad you liked this post! I had so much fun putting it together xD Inktober is actually super fun, surprisingly! I just took it easy and light and had a blast.

      I had to, though xD I had the opportunity and I SEIZED IT.

      Thank you! That's definitely my favorite, too.

      The commentary cracked me up xD

      Thank YOU for reading! So glad you enjoyed! ^_^

      Delete
  10. These are beautiful! :D I like day five, sixteen, seventeen and twenty four. :)
    Though for some reason I know that if I drew the Spiderman kiss scene, it would the girl who is hanging upside down. (My girl characters are more likely to do that than my boys...but then there is one boy who may do that, but that is only because of his weirdness, but then again if it involves kissing he would rather stay out of it.)

    I feel so bad for that sad character, but the again, I'm torturing mine in a very traumatizing way...
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like those ones too ^_^

      That's hilarious and I love it xD

      That sad character needs a better life *glares at his author*

      Delete
  11. Wow! Love them ... But so many kisses hahaha!


    MB> keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB> thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)