BLOGOVERSARY: You brought the Q, now it's time for the A

by - March 18, 2019


Hello everybody! Yesterday was actually my blogoversary (March 17), but since I post on Mondays for the most part here we are.

This ended up being a super long post, so I grouped your questions by who asked them and then answered them with the names present. If you don't want to read the ENTIRE post, you can just skip down to find the questions you asked. It won't hurt my feelings ;)

(Also, the giveaway. xD I will be bringing that to you on Wednesday, because this thing got so long. Stay tuned for that!)

Without Further Ado:

The Questions


Keturah

Why do you blog?
Because I love having a place to share what I'm writing, what I'm reading, and the music I'm listening to, and it's a way to platform that allows me to do more than just look for likes.

What is your go-to snack?
Idk, man. Preferably ice cream. But I don't usually get that (like, 99.99999% of the time I don't get that...), so we'll go with cheese or yogurt. XD

What makes a day perfect?
Being productive while still spending time with my family. Basically, not feeling guilty about the way I spent any of the time during a day.

If you designed time, how many hours would there be in a day and how many days in a week?
Honestly I think the system we have is pretty good! 24 hours to a day and 7 days a week works pretty well. ^_^

If any conspiracy theories were true, which one would you pick?
Definitely the Illuminati. I mean, they're real for sure. There's three words in my name--Faith/ Florid Sword! See? #IlluminatiConfirmed

Nicole

If you could go anywhere in the world with money not an issue, where would you go?
Probably Italy? Or I'd spend about a year in the mountains of Virginia. *heart eyes*

What is a ship you hate but everyone else loves?
Oof...I'm so sorry, Nicole, but it's Sophitz. *lowers eyes*

Do you like Shakespeare?
The bit of him that I've read is hilarious. I have yet to cry at one of his tragedies, though.

Lila

Who is your least favorite author and why are you not a fan?
Bruh! This is, like, so mean! *pouts*

If we're going with classics, though, Imma say Stephen Crane. The Red Badge of Courage is an atrocity and should not exist. If you wanna know more of my thoughts on that, here's my Goodreads review. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. *drops the mic*

Favorite Bible story?
Nothing could ever compare to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. I give him all the glory.

What are your convictions about reading books that feature and glorify lifestyles you don't support?
Well, that's a loaded question, isn't it? XD

It personally depends very, very much for me. Things like vivid sex scenes will almost always get me to either DNF the book or never pick it up in the first place, just because I do NOT want that garbage in my brain. I tend not to enjoy books with constant swearing and drinking, either (emphasis on constant. If there's some amount of it, but it's not on every single page, it's more of a case-by-case type thing.)

I also will not read books that are, first and foremost, a romance (mostly because that's super boring and cliche and predictable, plus uncomfortable physical stuffs as I mentioned), whether that be a heterosexual or homosexual relationship. If I know that there's a homosexual relationship as the main focus, I'm probably not going to read the book. However, if there's an LGBT side character or something, I might still read it (again, this varies case by case.) I have thoroughly enjoyed books that have side characters who fall into this camp such as Strange the Dreamer, Raven Cycle, or Six of Crows (although I can't recommend SoC based on the violence. Lol.)

Kind of a long answer, I know, but basically my indication is: does reading it make me feel guilty and violated, or is it the knowledge that everyone sins? Personally, I don't know that sexual sin (just as an example) is the worst sin of all, but it's definitely something to consider. Basically, my main judgment comes in whether it's a side thing or the main focus.

That probably made no sense and will be my longest answer within this Q&A. Sheesh. xD I hope it was vaguely sensical?

Favorite time of day [morning, afternoon, evening, or night?]
If I don't have a ton of stuff to do, I love evenings--they're so relaxing and I can do some writing, do my devotion times, and then get to bed before 11ish. However, I've been finding more and more that I'm productive and alert in the morning, so I like those too. In the afternoon I'm lazy and in the night I'd like to sleep, please. xD

Nicki

Which of your characters would you most like to marry? Which would you most like to meet? And which would you most like to kill (villains excluded)? 
-Marry: Derek Ternarnthien. *turns into Eliza Schuyler* THAT BOY IS MINE THAT BOY IS MIIIIIIIIIIIIINE
-Meet: Well, since I can't kill my villains...let's just say, I'd like to meet Elensha. Meet her long enough to lean up close to her ear, whisper, "I HATE YOU WITH A VENGEANCE AND I WISH YOU WOULD DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH AND I HAVE THINGS PLANNED FOR YOU", and then run away before she kills me. (Note: I will not make it. I am a couch potato whose only weapon is a pen and she is a career assassin. I am going down.)
-Kill: The honest answer will make everyone here angry. We'll go with Anderson. He's a side character, but as my series progresses he gets to be a world-class jerk and coward and I hate him at this point. xD (This is the coward's way out.)
Elensha, a character I despise with all my heart and soul


What is the number one movie you are looking forward to being released this year?
Why is this even a question? ENDGAME. ENDGAME. ENDGAAAAAAAAAME.

What is your favorite food?
Anything Thai! But especially green curry. *rubs stomach and moans*

If you had to be any mythological creature, which would you choose and why?
Werewolf. Because you get to spend most of your life being normal, except for once a month when you turn into an irrational howling monster out for blood. Which, I mean, already happens anyway...*whistles innocently*

Kathryn

What is a book that has impacted the way you see the world?
The Mitford Years series by Jan Karon! It's so beautiful, and full of mature believers who live together in community and face the challenges life throws at them with God's grace. And it's also incredibly funny.

If you could have any mythical creature for a pet, what would it be?
*gulps* Ummm...Fenrir-Wolf? *hides*

Top 5 Things to Keep in Mind while Writing a Novel?
1. Make it the best it can possibly be!
2. It's okay to deviate from your outline/plan if the characters or story are pulling in a different direction. Embrace the unexpected.
3. Let the darkness be present, but never let it overwhelm the light. Good should always win.
4. Don't shy away from killing characters! Or from injuring them! Or writing painful stuff! Break your readers' hearts! (I would never do this, I love y'all and my poor characters and everyone makes it out alive with no injuries or deaths don't worry)
5. Remember to put God first.

Clare

What was the last movie you saw in the theater, and what did you think of it?
The last movie I saw (at the time of writing this) was The Lego Movie 2! It wasn't quite as fresh and funny as the original, but there was one part in particular where I was slapping the chair and sobbing from laughter. And the themes--you don't have to leave behind your sweetness and innocence and personality as you grow up--resonated with me a lot.
Image result for the lego movie 2

Do you have a song stuck in your head? What is it?
At the moment, I'm listening to Danny Gokey's "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again," but normally, I've got either the Baby Shark song, What Does the Fox Say, or something by FOB stuck in my head. (The latter is the best option. I'd rather sing Death Valley all day and all night than suffer through the Baby Shark song one more time.)

What is your current favorite song?
*clears throat*

CAUSE YOU'RE A SKY *jumps on furniture* YEAH YOU'RE A SKY *jumps off bed* FULL OF STARS, I DON'T CARE *smashes chair* GO ON AND TEAR ME APAAAART *does handstand* I DON'T CARE IF YOU DOOOOOOOOOO *flies into the sky* BECAUSE IN A SKY FULL OF STARS *throws a pillow at my sister* I THINK I SAW YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah, I may or may not be absolutely over-the-top obsessed with Coldplay's Sky Full of Stars, but whatever. Quality music right there, y'all. Quality.

If you could take any one character out of one story and put them in another story, who would it be and why?
Wow, this is really hard! But I think I'd probably transplant Jaron from The Ascendance Trilogy into The Traitor's Game? (Lila and I were talking about this and it would be hilarious). I feel like with Jaron's cunning on their side, Kestra and Simon would save Antora and defeat Endrick in a matter of minutes, mostly because Jaron's sass would confuse Endrick to a level that he wouldn't even be able to think about fighting back.
30809677

Christine

At what moment did you decide to pursue writing seriously?
I actually have no idea! Probably when I began to realize the extent to which I adored my Pentegreen characters and realized I had a bunch of other plot bunnies. xD

If you could bring to life ANY of your characters to have as your BFF forever, who would you choose?
Either Kariana Winslet from Pentegreens or Jeannie from Watched. Kariana is a sassy, fierce female spy who takes no crap and would be the most fun ever at parties. And then Jeannie is sweet, also fierce but in a  different way, and a very strong Christian. So either of them would be amazing to have as a friend in real life.


What's one of your favorite things to do outside of reading and writing?
This might come as a surprise, but I actually love to walk outside! I don't like hiking much (unless we're in the actual mountains, which is rare), and I'm not much into any of the sporty things you can do outside. However, put on some shoes and a coat and just go out and stare into the sky and watch the trees and get lost in the maze of your own mind sometime! It's amazing, 10/10 recommend.

(Also all my neighbors probably think I'm crazy. I walk down the street when I'm stuck on a book scene, and I've been known to randomly start running with a crazed look of panic, stage a mock-fight with myself and air weapons in the middle of the cul de sac, and scream out "YOU TRAITOR!" when I think no one's listening. Whoops.)

What would an ideal day look like for you?
-Wake up feeling rested
-Spend most of the day in my story
-Hang out with my friends and watch a great movie
-Magically my two besties who live 17 hours away are both there
-I don't need to sleep
-Everything is amazing
-I spend three hours reading my Bible
-My book completes itself
-I get a full-ride to college

If you were transported into the story and had to switch places with any of the Fellowship characters, who would you be? 
Okay, so can I just say first off that I absolutely love this question?!

I'd switch with Merry, I think. He's the smart and bookish one (at least going off the book), but he still lacks experience and has a fun-loving side. And hey, he gets to fight with Eowyn! Eowyn and I are gonna be the gal-pal pair of slayers who take the Witch-King down together! *grins*
I feel like my teetotaler instincts might get in the way though...



Lia

What skill would you like to master?
Playing the piano! Oh, and cooking. I'm currently that fictional gal who cannot and does not cook and wouldn't be able to do it to save her own life. If my dad is in the room I can do it, but otherwise...NOPENOPENOPE.

How often do you people watch?
Not very often, actually! I don't base my characters on real people, and on top of that, I'm a super awkward person who hates making eye contact with strangers. If there's a cash register between us I will look you dead in the face and keep that up for the whole transaction (no matter which side I'm on, lol), but otherwise I'm not going to look at you. I just am not comfortable with it. xD

What is something a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don't get the point of?
Netflix? I mean, I'd love to be able to watch movies whenever I feel like it, but I don't understand the idea of picking a random show to watch in the background. It's just not a thing that makes sense to me.

How different was your life a year ago?
I feel more comfortable in my own skin than I did back then! But mostly, it's been gloriously similar. I've been growing as a person, but the circumstances around me haven't changed that much, except to get better. It's been a nice break.

Madeline

Do you die a little inside knowing that Avengers: Endgame is going to kill all our favorite characters?
I'm already planning to buy an Avengers themed tissue box to bring with me. My best friend is going to have to hold me back. I might scream at the theater screen again like I did last time. My "Tony Stark is the MVP of the MCU" blog post is in the brainstorm stage. I'm in denial.

What/who is a book/author you never expected to like as much as you did?
Maggie Stiefvater! I'm that rare person who thought the Scorpio Races was just okay, not the mind-blowing work of art most people see it as. But All the Crooked Saints and The Raven Cycle changed that for me entirely.

Who is one character (from a book, show, or movie) who you would like to have as a roommate?
Can I please have Cress from the Lunar Chronicles? I think we'd be best friends. xD

Ivie

What is your favorite book?
Ivie, darling, you know better than to ask this question. But...it's still A Monster Calls. Has been for a long time now and I don't see that changing any time soon.
25480342

Did you watch HTTYD 3? If so, thoughts? If not, do you want to?
At the time of answering this I'm planning to see it tomorrow! I'll come back with thoughts when I've seen it.

Update: UGH IT WAS SO GOOD. I felt like it took all the plot threads and tied them up very nicely indeed. Character development was spot-on, Valka is epic, Hiccstrid continues to be just about the cutest ship ever, and despite a villain I wasn't a fan of and a couple of stupid decisions that just made me shake my head at the not-so-smartness of the charries, I loved it! Very satisfying end to a wonderful trilogy. <3

Favorite fruit?
Ugh, I hate fruit xD Mostly apples, though. Or raspberries.

Favorite slushie flavor?
Either the blue ones (yeah, I know), or watermelon. But I'll take a frozen chocolate or Frappe from Dunkin or Starbucks over a slushie any day.

Blue

If you could pick your ideal mode of transportation--machine, beast, real life, sci-fi, fantasy, anything--what would it be?
Teleportation device, obviously. I miss my besties who live ten thousand miles away from me. *cries*

Favorite cake?
*salivates* JUST CAKE. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT KIND. (Not carrot, though, please.)

Is there a certain time frame that fascinates you?
Why, yes there is! I love history ^_^
-The Roaring 20s
-40s America
-Europe during WWII
-Europe during WWI
-Cold War
-Basically all of the 1900s? Lol.

Do you have any favorite real life stories?
Oh, gosh, it's really hard for me to come up with any. I cry over any and all stories of bravery during the World Wars and/or the Civil War. Basically, if history is going to make me cry my eyes out, I want to read it.

But some of my favorite real-life heroes and their stories are William Wilberforce, Abby Johnson, Winston Churchill, Harriet Tubman, and Oskar Schindler.

What fictional character would you like to see in government?
That's a really good question. I don't really know. Aragorn, probably? I think he could handle it. xD

What fictional character would you like to kick in the pants?
...Loki. Sorry-not-sorry.
This scene, right here, is the reason I will never forgive Loki. I don't care if he's misunderstood, I don't care if he was mind-controlled...what he did in Germany was not okay.


Julian

Are you excited about Captain Marvel? If so, fangirl a moment! If not, explain why!
No, I'm not, really...because I feel like it's silly for the MCU to spend SO MUCH TIME setting up 18(ish?) movies to lead into Infinity War...and then bring this random girl who no one's ever heard of before now in to save everyone in End Game! My hope is that she dies in the snap, tbh, because I DON'T LIKE HER AND SHE FEELS POINTLESS AND VERY MUCH LIKE A DEUS EX MACCHINA.
I mean, seriously, if she's this powerful, WHY HAVE WE HEARD NOTHING ABOUT HER BEFORE NOW? 


Marvel character you think deserves a little more recognition?
*clears throat* *pulls out list*
-Dr. Banner (not Hulk, just Banner)
-Scarlet Witch
-Sam Wilson
-War Machine (seriously. He's my fave.)
-PEPPER POTTS!


Favorite breed of horse?
Ten years ago, I could have told you this. But now? I'll just say THE PRETTY ONES. xD

What denomination are you in?
I'm actually nondenominational! But I lean towards Presbyterian, except that I am firmly for believer's baptism. And I'm Calvinist. Very, very Calvinist. *ducks under a rock*

What are you most looking forward to at Realm Makers?
Seeing ALL THE PEOPLE! *squeals in a very non-introverted fashion*

Are you planning to dress up for the big ol' dinner?
Absolutely! I'm not going to name-drop right now, but I will say I'm going as my alter ego...


Rakayle

How many of your books have you finished writing?
In terms of brought through entirely to completion? One, and that was Ink Storm, my Rooglewood submission.

However, I've finished first drafts of 10 or so, I believe. Hard to keep track. xD

Have you written any flash fiction?
A little! I'm not very good at it, though.

Songs that make you happy?
*points to above answer about Sky Full of Stars*
But also:
-His Heart Beats by Andrew Peterson
-Rejoice by Andrew Peterson
-Any song by Bad Lip Reading or How It Should Have Ended
-The Devil Went Down to Georgia (don't ask me why, I don't know, okay?)

Gray

Favorite mythical creatures?
Werewolves! Again, I have no idea why, just that I do xD

Favorite fantasy series?
Goldstone Wood or Lord of the Rings!

What's a hobby of yours most people don't know about?
I like to bake, actually! I'm not very good at it and I don't do anything fancy, but I love making cookies and bars. I can't cook, but I can make deserts from a recipe or a box. XD

What is your favorite part of writing?
Getting to explore my characters and RIP THEIR HEARTS OUT I mean be nice to them and bathe them in rainbows! *innocent, happy smile*

MEM

Tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
Coffee, surprisingly enough! I like French vanilla ice coffee with extra cream and zero sugar (at least, if it's from Dunkin'; at home I just use creamer xD) But I also love herbal teas and hot chocolate!

Favorite bromance (your own charries or other)?
Man, I just realized--I do NOT write bromance. Ever. Like...I'm not even sure why! It just doesn't happen much, probably because I forget. I'm way more focused on writing female friendships--mostly because all my friends are girls and I have only sisters. *grins*

But I think we're going to have to say Anakin and Obi-Wan in the animated The Clone Wars. The two of them--agh, friendship goals. They're so great. Too bad Revenge of the Sith had to happen. *cries*


What country would you like to visit?
I'd love to go back to Ireland or England, and I have always wanted to go to Italy!

Favorite female superhero?




My absolutely amazing and beautiful Diana Prince. There's no question.

What is your current favorite song?
^points back up to answer about Sky Full of Stars

R.M. Archer

What's your favorite thing about blogging?
Well, as I said previously, I love being able to platform--but also, the people! Your comments are some of my favorite things to see. ^_^

Which of the Wingfeather Saga books is your favorite?
Have a ranking:
4. On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (it's still wonderful, but not as good as the others)
3. The Warden and the Wolf King (for a few plot holes and AGH that ending...also I hate Leeli in this one for some reason? KEEP THE WINDOW CLOSED GIRL)
2. The Monster in the Hollows (mystery is amazing and AGH THAT ENDING)
1. North! Or Be Eaten (features two of my most favorite characters of all time in all their glory, so much depth, so amaze. A work of art.)

Which of the Wingfeathers is your favorite and why?
Janner is the one who's the most like me, for sure, and he's probably my most favorite. Kalmar/Tink gets a close second, because his struggles and his love of food crack me up and break my heart. And then I don't really like Leeli? I'm just sort of, shall we say, bitter about certain events in the last book. *grimaces at Leeli, Nia, and Podo*

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
Milk chocolate all the way!

What are you most passionate about?
My pro-life activism, my faith, and the stories I write. <3

What's something you've seen underrepresented in fiction that you'd like to write about?
I'd love to see more representation of actual Christians who aren't out for blood, political conservatives who aren't "intolerant bigoted" monsters, and homeschooled students who aren't freaks or who are actually PROUD of being homeschooled. And pastors who aren't evil. I know people say I can find my own representation wherever I want ("but of course you can! You're a straight white female!") but like...I don't see it. I'm also a conservative, Christian, pro-life, piano player who is NOT a prodigy, the daughter of a pastor, and going to college with intentions of working someday, and I believe it's okay to not want sex! (*gasp*) So...any of these things would be something I'd love to see more of, and I'm definitely working to write some of the stories I want to hear.

Skye

Who is your favorite character of your own characters?
Oh, Skye, this is NOT okay. Why would you make me choose from amongst my own children?

Fine.

Male: Rishatta Woods from The Pentegreen Series or Lucas Burns from Watched.

Female: Kariana Winslet from The Pentegreen Series or Briallen from Ink Storm.

Best advice you've ever gotten about writing?
This came from my best friend, who said something to the effect of: "Faith, it doesn't matter who your readers ship. They're gonna ship; you write the book. BUT MAN ARE THEY GONNA SHIP."

Catherine

If you could learn one language (real, dead, fictitious, whatever) instantaneously, what would it be?
I'd love to be able to just instantly master Italian. It's a tough language, and while I love it, it would be amazing to just lose the effort and know it.

If you had a favorite tree, what would it be?
I've always been partial to red maples ^_^

What would your ideal house be like? Give as many details as you like!
I don't know when/if I'll ever get married, so this would be my ideal apartment someplace. I'd love a house with one bedroom, a living room/kitchen, and a nice bathroom with a full bathtub. Lots of shelves in the pantry and bathroom, built-in bookshelves, big windows with dark curtains...basically, someplace small and cozy with lots of natural light and storage space. I'd be more than happy with something like that. :)


That's it! Wow, if you made it all the way through that, you are hardcore. Do you know way more about me now then you ever thought you wanted to? Should I have included more gifs? Chat with me in the comments about my answers to your questions! (Or other people's questions, lol...) 

You May Also Like

31 comments

  1. Oi, I guess I'm hardcore XD This is what happens when you're sick and you want to procrastinate working on your own books.

    But anyway your answers were awesome, and I legitimately did not know that you liked werewolves so much. Now I guess I know who is going to be your favorite character in My Time in Amar XD

    I'm excited about Endgame, but I think I'm more excited about the new Aladdin movie?

    HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE FRUIT???? Fruit is pretty much my life.

    Okay, but Carol Danvers is my girl. Playing Ultimate Alliance 2 she was my character and I don't think that I ever changed her even when we got other cool chicks like Spider Woman (who was my MC in Ultimate Alliance 1) and in all that time playing as her I got to know her really well. I totally love her. With that said, I'm not really all that excited about Captain Marvel because 1) they're probably going to ruin my girl and I'm not going to be okay with that. 2) it just doesn't seem that interesting because like you've said, no one ever heard about these events before, but then it does look to be going into the threat of a Skrull invasion and that's legit 3) I've heard there's no romance and I need romance, at least one couple to ship, in order to get through the story also that means that they're probably gonna kill Mar-Vell *cries*

    Awesome answers! I really enjoyed getting to know you better ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha, I know the feeling xD Goodness knows I've done that...

      Yes, I do! Which surprised me, too--I don't think I'd ever made it so clear to anyone including myself? XD But apparently I like werewolves. Who knew. Not me. *shrugs*

      I have legit no feelings whatsoever about the Aladdin movie. Oh well. xD But. Endgame. *screams forever*

      I DON'T EVEN KNOW! It's a texture thing, I just CANNOT handle the texture of fruit for the most part. xD

      1) yes, 2) yes, and 3) that's actually the highest point in her favor for me? Like, I'd LOVE to see a single superhero, especially if she's a girl. Scratch that, I'd love to see single characters in general, lol. I LOOOOOOVE seeing that. So...I guess we can agree to disagree on that point xD

      Thank you! ^_^

      Delete
    2. Oi, well... at least I'm not the only one XD

      Man, girl, I am surprised. I mean, I knew that I loved werewolves, but that's obvious by A Week of WEREWOLVES, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses, but whodathunkit with you.

      I am super excited for Endgame, but equally terrified cause I'm like 87% percent sure that at least Tony and Cap are gonna die. I'm also really looking forward to Spiderman: Far From Home, even though I didn't like Homecoming all that much because even if I don't really agree with their portrayal of MJ, I AM STILL HERE FOR ANY PETER PARKER AND MJ!!!!! Okay, but I AM SO EXCITED FOR ALADDIN THOUGH BECAUSE OTHER THAN TANGLED AND FROZEN THAT IS MY FAVORITE DISNEY PRINCESS MOVIE AND IT IS DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE DISNEY PRINCESS SOUNDTRACK. ALSO THERE AREN'T ENOUGH LIVE ACTION FANTASY MOVIES AND I AM THERE FOR THE AESTHETICS IF NOT FOR ANYTHING ELSE... and I'm sorry if I freaked out there, but as you can see, I am definitely very excited.

      But different fruits have different textures, like I'm not the biggest fan of pears myself because of their texture, and I'm very picky with bananas, but apples are my life.

      Okay, so maybe she didn't have to end up with Mar-Vell, but, at least in the version of Carol and Mar-Vell that I saw, he was desperately in love with her even if she didn't return his feelings and that would have made anything that happened to him that much more tragic. *loves squishy Mar-Vell* Natasha is kinda single at the moment though, so... there is that.

      Welcome :D

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!!!!!! *throws confetti/shoots Gandalf fireworks/brings a cake/has a dance party/pulls down a disco ball* I LOVE YOUR BLOG SO MUCH! You deserve ALL the party things! :D

    OF COURSE I read through all this. I love Q&As and it was sooo much fun learning more about my dear Faith. ^_^ This was great!

    I find it hilarious how much you hate Elensha. Because so far I actually like her! Well...in a love-to-hate-the-villain type of way, you know? She's a super fun villain, as infuriating as she is. XD Buuut I don't know what all she does, so my hate may grow. Actually...now I'm nervous.

    ENDGAAAAAMMMMEEEEE. That is all.

    Your point about werewolves and how once a month we turn into an irrational howling monster out for blood ANYWAY had me laughing SO. HARD. I mean, it's true. XDD

    I LOVE your 5 things to keep in mind while writing. Especially #3! " Let the darkness be present, but never let it overwhelm the light. Good should always win." YES. That is always my goal with my stories!

    Kariana would be THE best BFF. YES YES YES!

    I love to go on walks toooo!!! It's so relaxing and inspiring. And I absolutely play my stories through my head while doing it. XD A TON of my story ideas have come from walks. They're the best!

    That definitely sounds like a perfect ideal day. XDD

    I can totally see you being Merry. That'd be awesome!

    I agree that Cress as a roommate would be THE BESSST!!! <333

    Your best friend's advice about your readership shipping is sooooo true. Eheheheh. #GUILTY

    This was such a blast! Thanks for answering all our hard/evil questions! Bwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *dances in confetti* *eats cake* THANK YOUUUUU! You are just the sweetest *all the hugs*

      ACK again you are the sweetest <3

      I mean, part of it is that she's just SO ANNOYING?! Like, trying to write about her for prolonged periods of time is just such an irritating experience, because her personality GETS to me. Yuck. xD But yeah, she does some pretty not-nice things too...I love to hate her but mostly I just hate her. xD

      EEEENNNNNNNDDDDDDDGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE

      Yes! I know, right? Women are already werewolves--why not go the rest of the way?! XD

      <3 Yes! That will always be my greatest goal. If I write something dark, I want the light to be a stronger contrast. I really hope I'm succeeding at that, tbh...:/

      Wouldn't she?! I love her so much XD Although I feel like she'd totally steamroll me at conversation. Oh well.

      Pretty much every time I have writers' block I go on walks XD The only problem is that then I start writing scenes from later books or the spinoff novellas or something in my head instead, which fixes nothing...whoops. Oh well.

      Yes! :D

      He's my favorite! <3

      Cress is so great and we could sing opera together and do weird little workouts and it would be amazing.

      *glares at you* *and literally everyone else* I hate you guys. xD

      You're so welcome! It was actually really fun to do! <3

      Delete
  3. I am so with you on Captain Marvel. Like, no thanks. We were fine without her. We'll continue to be fine without her.

    And yes, coffee over slushies ANY DAY!

    AND OOOOHHH! You've got /stuff/ planned for Elensha. Me must see!!!

    Happy blogoversary, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and amen.

      Coffee is WAY better than slushies! XD

      Yessss.../stuff./ *little grimace*

      Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  4. I love that you included putting God first in your list of things to keep in mind while writing a novel. I have lots of Feelings on that. XD

    And even though I don't think Captain Marvel was NECESSARY, I sure do love her.

    Wait, did I know you're Calvinist???? interesting. *resists ranting* XD

    Kariana is the best choice for favorite. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! <3

      I'm trying to remain neutral and...erm...failing. xD But I guess we'll see when Endgame comes around.

      Yeah...I'm not terribly vocal about it. xD And I'm not planning to be, honestly. I'm 100% cool with people disagreeing with me on it--I know it's a really hard doctrine and it took a LOT for me to be on board with it, so. Rant away--I'm not gonna jump anybody. :P

      Yes ma'am ;)

      Delete
  5. It was so fun learning a little bit more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* okay, I didn’t think you’d list THAT particular ship . . . XD

    Yessss, I totally want Jaron in The Traitor’s Game! That would be absolutely hysterical. And Aragorn in our government would drastically improve our situation - actually, Aragorn would improve any system, so I mean, *shrugs*

    HECK YES, SCARLET WITCH NEEDS MORE RECOGNITION. #mostunderratedcharacter

    And AMEN to pastors/priests that aren’t out to get people! My word, talk about horrible representation!

    I loved this post! Happy blogoversary, and here’s to another year! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said sowwy! *cowers*

      Yes! I think Jaron would fix that whole situation with a snap of his fingers. He'd just blow everything up. xD And Aragorn--he could fix everything too. xD

      YES SHE DOES! SHE'S MY FAVORITE <3

      AMEN! Like, why is EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM a bad guy according to fiction?! It's just not true!

      Thank you, Nicole! *lifts glass of ginger ale*

      Delete
  7. You don't like fruit??? How is that possible?

    Great answers, besides that one of course ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shuffles feet* I had absolutely no idea that was going to be the most controversial answer in this thing...wow. xD

      Delete
  8. Haha loved your answers. (I need HTTYD 3 in my life!!!!!)

    Anyway, happy blogoversary. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good answers on good questions!

    Yes, Loki deserves that kick in the pants. He deserves several kicks in the pants.
    I think I'd want to be Merry too-- If I can't be Bilbo, I mean.
    Looking forward to seeing your Realm Maker's costume! It's bound to be epic!
    Happy blogoversary!



    (You don't like fruit? ….not even blueberries?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yes Loki does. I kinda hate him. Ugh.

      Ooh, I forgot about Bilbo! But yeah, Merry is my definite favorite.

      Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it :D

      And thank you again!

      No...not really. Especially not blueberries. :'(

      Delete
  10. A+ answers here!
    Good grief, I understand you on Loki. I mean, I like Loki...but I like Loki *as a villain*, not as a misunderstood antihero or whatever. I just wish he'd die already.
    I actually found HTTYD3 rather disappointing. I'm not really sure why, but I haven't liked any of the sequels, even though 1 is definitely in my top five favourite movies.
    And I concur on Captain Marvel. I haven't seen it yet, but I really feel no motivation to see it. Plus, Captain Marvel really just seems a rip off of Supergirl to me. Carol Danvers/Kara Danvers, glowing eyes, insane powers, red and blue colour scheme? I don't know which one came first, but they really just seem like carbon copies of each other.
    Yes, yes, yes to the representation thing! It's really popular at the moment just to say "how can you not feel represented...you're straight, white and female!" All that's true, but for one thing... I'm not American. I don't like reading about Americans, I can't relate to them in many ways and I'd love for people to see that diversity doesn't just cover people with a different skin colour/sexuality. It also covers white people from different cultures, different personalities, different life and schooling experiences...the world is so much more diverse than "diversity" makes it out to be.
    I think that's pretty much it for me now... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I agree on Loki--he's a great villain, but I think I understand him wholly and he's done enough now. He's kind of had a character arc---can he go for real now? Pwease? XD
      Interesting! I know a lot of people feel the same way--personally, I liked the second one best of the three, just because I love Valka so much. But then, I'm not as invested in the trilogy as a lot of people seem to be.
      SAME! Yes, she does sound just LIKE Supergirl! Ugh, they look exactly the same too. There's literally no creativity here :'(
      YES! Oh, that's one I'd forgotten (since I am American, go figure...*sighs*) I wanna see alllll the diversity and not just in terms of skin/sexuality too!
      Well that was awesome! Thanks for reading and commenting! ^_^

      Delete
  11. Happy Blogoversary! Loved reading all of your answers.
    Coffee over slushies for me too. I'm a huge Loki fan, but I get why some people take issue with him.
    So glad Rish is one of your favorites, maybe he'll survive then ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!!
      Same! And yeah, you WOULD be (just kidding. I also understand why lots of people love him. xD)
      ...maybe...I make no promises whatsoever.....

      Delete
  12. These were awesome, Faith! XD
    Although; I AM BETRAYED. YOU LIKE COFFEE. *is offended* XD XD XD
    Ah yes; Obi-wan and Anakin from CW were awesome. XD
    I love Sky Full of Stars too! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3
      Yeah, it's kind of a recent development...*is literally drinking coffee right now*
      YES! I love them so much :D
      And isn't it the best?!

      Delete
  13. Your ideal day is pretty much my ideal day. *wishes sleep wasn't necessary*

    I'd love to see Aragorn in government, let's be real here. XD

    And ooooh, how did I not know North was your favorite Wingfeather book?? Mine has got to be Monster in the Hollows.

    I really like your answer to my annoying serious question! Makes a lot of sense. *nods* :)))

    Great Q&A! I read the whole thing - I feel so hardcore. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT?! And ahhh that's great :D

      Yeah, wouldn't everyone? Except Sauron and Denethor, but like...literally everyone else. Lol.

      Monster is also amazing! I just love the Florid Sword and Artham and the redemption arcs of North so much that I couldn't love any other book more than it <3

      Thank you! I was worried it wouldn't be clear xD I've been needing to explain that for a while, though, so thanks for giving me an excuse!

      You are the hardest of hardcore. xD

      Delete
  14. (So have you seen the Yoda/Seagull Song??)

    Yeah, I'm the same about Captain Marvel. Not really interested, way overpowered....

    BUT ENDGAME NOW...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (YES! And I gotta tell you...I'm not your friend. but that log had a child.)

      Yes, yes, yes....

      AND YES! Ack!

      Delete
  15. This was such a fun post!! :D

    Yeah, I want an Avengers themed tissue box too. Please and thank you. XD But like seriously, I can't get over the fact that this is essentially 'the end of the line' for Marvel for me. There will be crying, I'm positive. :(

    Oh my goodness, SAME to Maggie Stiefvater!! I picked up The Raven Boys one day, thinking it'd be a halfways decent read and...oh man. IT WAS EPIC. :D I still have yet to read All the Crooked Saints, but it's sitting on my shelf taunting me... >.>

    Cress as a roommate would be the absolute best thing ever. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3

      YES PLEASE. I'm going to cry so much. And I'm probably going to be done with Marvel after this...so much pain.

      YES YES YES! All the Crooked Saints is one of the single best books ever, imho. <3

      WOULDN'T IT?!

      Delete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)