Writer Resource Reviews: Podcasts and YouTubers Edition!

by - February 12, 2024

 


Hey guys! Today I have a resource list that I'm hoping will be really helpful for y'all :)

I've been really into audiobooks, podcasts, and podcast-style YouTube lately, so I'm hopeful that sharing some of my favorites (especially about writing) will inspire you guys and tickle your creativity! I have a few favorites that really get my creative juices flowing and I'm so excited to share about them.


 

The Writing With Ana Neu podcast and channel

Spotify | YouTube

Ana Neu is a writer whose advice is fabulous and who is just infectious in her joy about writing. She's a law student from Australia whose whole mojo is encouraging people to chase their craziest ideas and write for themselves first. Her tips have actually inspired me so much, and I listened to her every day on the way to work this past summer. If you're looking for pure inspiration and excitement, Ana is a wonderful resource.



 

Kate & Abbie Emmons

Spotify | Kate's YouTube | Abbie's YouTube

Kate and Abbie are old-time bloggers who have now made it really huge in the vlogging/podcasting world. They're both published authors in wildly different genres, which means that they have a TON of advice in all sorts of different perspectives. I find their advice to be best-suited for those who aren't entirely certain where to start and need very clear and formulaic advice for feeling truly comfortable as writers. I strongly recommend their podcast for long car trips, too--their voices are both so fun to listen to and I deeply enjoy just playing five episodes in a row.




K.M. Weiland: Helping Writers Become Authors

Spotify | YouTube

This might be the best writing podcast in existence. K.M. Weiland is a full-time author who spends so much of that time on putting together the best resources imaginable. She's so good at what she does, and I'm a huge, huge, HUGE fan of her podcast. With over 600 episodes, there's content here for everyone at every level of experience, and I could not recommend this more strongly. Her books on story structure are also top-tier, and while I have yet to read any of her novels, I'm very much looking forward to doing so.


These are my top three podcasts and I love them so much. If you have writing podcasts please drop me a recommendation--I'm always looking for more people to ramble about their writing. Help me fill up my car time, please!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'd never even though about finding writing-related podcasts! This is so cool, and I know what to check out if I decide I need a new podcast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that Abbie and Kate would be mentioned here. I also just subscribed to that first podcast cause that sounds INSANELY helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)