Top Books Of 2023

by - December 04, 2023

Hey y'all! I'm here to drop a few book recs for 2023. So far, these are my top 5 star books. I haven't actually read a lot of new 5 star books this year--I have a ton of nonfic/classic/for-school 5-stars, but those don't really count. So here are my top five fiction reads for this year--almost all of which are indie (!!)--and I'll be dropping any further top books in my Year-End wrapup!


Illuminare by Bryn Shutt
magical music//duel of the arts//FANTASY VENICE//a thousand masks//5 stars and absolute perfection

A Name Long Buried by C.M. Banschbach
motorcycles in the West//that cover is Monument Valley, come on//fantasy Western//found family (in multiple ways)//5 stars and a perfect sequel


Into the Churn by Hayley Reese Chow
sci-fi game show//family bonds//sci-fI DOG//interplanetary stuffs//Hunger Games vibes!!//5 stars


Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross
magical typewriters//rivals to lovers//absolutely gorgeous prose//mythology!//book 2 comes out in December and I can't WAIT//5 stars


Of Sea and Smoke by Gillian Bronte Adams
MAGIC HORSES//multiple POVs//huge cast//epic fantasy done right//the THEMES//5 stars



5-star memoirs/nonfic:

Surprised by Joy//C.S. Lewis
What is a Girl Worth?//Rachael Denhollander
Becoming Free Indeed//Jinger Duggar Vuolo
Munich, 1938//David Faber


Short post but it's your turn, babes! What's your favorite book you read in 2023? Drop some recs in the comments and help me find my next great read :) I absolutely need some ideas.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh boy, I liked your post so much that I had to run off and write my own! https://kmcarrollblog.wordpress.com/2023/12/04/my-top-5-best-reads-of-2023-and-the-bottom-3-worst/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read Divine Rivals. *sobs* It's EVERYWHERE. I swear, I'm never gonna catch up with BookTok.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)