5 More Indie Books I Absolutely Love

by - September 04, 2023

 Hey guys! I'm back with more books for your TBR (if you haven't already read them; I hope you have, because they're just that good). I have MORE indie books from the greats today and I really can't wait to rave about them! 


The Orb and the Airship by Jenelle Schmidt

airships//fantasy boarding school//gaslamp//ode to older storytelling//pirates!//complicated villain relationships//male-led cast

This book was SO fun! I loved every single minute of it. I'd definitely recommend this one more to young lads, but even I, a 20-something woman, enjoyed it immensely. Schmidt's writing just keeps getting better, and I'm obsessed with the cast of this book. I can't wait for the next book in the series!



Fierce Heart by Tara Grayce

marriage of convenience//gaslamp again//character-driven!//elf-human relations//war//sharpshooter vibes//touch her and die trope

I've heard about this one all over the interwebs for a while now, and I loved it just as much as I'd hoped to. It was so fun, and the characters were all awesome. I didn't realize just how much I enjoyed the grumpy-sunshine trope until reading a few examples this year, and this was a particularly good one.



Shield of Shadow (and the Blade of Ash series) by C.F.E. Black

prequel//emotion/truth-based magic//secret royals//canyons!//training montage//grumpy-sunshine again//forbidden love?????

This is the prequel to a series, and I own the first one (still need to read it, sadly). It was a very quick and easy read, and I loved it. Aly is an AWESOME protagonist and I can't wait to continue her story in the rest of the series.



Searching for Sparrow//K.A. Emmons

sequel/spinoff series//dystopian future//secret powers//love triangle trope//lots of twists//found family//Finn (yes he gets his own category)

This was so fun. I definitely like the first better than the second in this duology, but it's a spinoff from the Blood Race series--about the MCs' kids--and I love that always. Blood Race left enough threads that it doesn't feel contrived, and I really enjoyed this second trip to this dystopian world.



Then Comes a Drifter by C.M. Banschbach

western fantasy//motorcycle gang//missing family//long-time relationships//complex backstories//PTSD handled better than I've ever seen//BAD bad guy

I will never shut up about this duology. It's one of my absolute favorites and I am obsessed. Like...I need y'all to understand how much I love fantasy set in the Wild West. I will always, always read it. This isn't a Western, but it's fantasy set in basically a post-apocalyptic version of the American West, and I'm in love. Please read it.

Y'all read any of these? Let me know! I hope these recs are fun for everyone--I love shoving books at people :D

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've been wanting to read "Fierce Heart" for awhile now! I'll have to check it out soon. And the rest of these look so good - putting them on my TBR now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, friends! Do make yourselves comfortable and stay for a while--I'd love to chat with you! I simply ask that you keep it clean. :)