I am a Pro-life person, and here's why

First of all, I hope y'all will tell me what you think of my new background for my sweet little blog! It's a social experiment by a none-psychology major, so... I need feedback. This will probably be temporary. But anyway.

On to today's nice controversial post.

If you've been here for more than a week and a half, you'll notice that I took a hiatus this last week. That was because, as I said at the time, of extended travel for a week. From something like Tuesday to Thursday, my family was in a city about forty-five minutes from where we live for family bonding time and touring our state, which by the way if you're not where I live is one of the most beautiful states in the country. The coast of Maine is absolutely gorgeous. Check it out sometime.

But I digress. On Thursday morning, I boarded an airplane and flew to Washington D.C. until Sunday. It was my first time travelling completely alone, my first time leaving my whole family behind and going somewhere by myself. In all honesty, it was nowhere near as terrifying as I'd been expecting.

Why did I go?

I went to a retreat/seminar weekend hosted by Students for Life, a large nonprofit organization dedicated to abolishing abortion. They equip students on both high school and college campuses to start student clubs to educate their peers and help them through crisis pregnancies. Here's a link to their website.

Yes, I am pro-life, and proud of it. I want to dedicate my life to abolishing abortion, and I won't rest until it happens.

But what is pro-life? And why would I invest my life in it?

Let me clarify first that when I say that I am pro-life, it basically means I'm anti-abortion. I'm also against euthanasia and other, similar things, but some of the pro-life, whole-life kind of things that a lot of people talk about I don't always agree with. If you'd like to talk about that, please, ask me in the comments or use the contact box on the side of this page to chat with me.

I won't tell you my whole story about what sealed the deal for me about being pro-life, because it's complicated and I want to protect people's pregnancy, but suffice it to say that a young lady we knew had gotten pregnant and was unable to care for her child adequately. When we found out that she was contemplating getting an abortion, we told her that we would adopt her baby. This baby is now almost two years old, and she's my baby sister. I can't imagine life without her, and she makes our lives so much richer.

That got me thinking: Why does abortion have to be an option? Why can't there be an adoptive family for every girl who sees no other way out, someone to take her child, comfort her, and help her? (Because the woman is just as important as the child.) Abortion should never have to be a woman's only way out. If that were the case, my little baby sister would have died. I'd never have met her, held her in my arms, or gotten the opportunity to tell her about Jesus and our family and how she's going to grow up to be an amazing person.

And from that thinking I decided to do something.

An internet search inspired by one of the Harris brothers' books, Start Here, yielded a website called Abort73. (Just as a warning: this site does contain some graphic stories and pictures. They'll warn you before you get to any of that, but it's on the website.) This site is all about the facts of abortion. That's all. Education and truth. I would definitely check them out.

From a link on that site I found Students for Life and started my student group here in Maine. That's my story, in a nutshell. But there have to be reasons that I fight.

Here they are:
  • Abortion kills a living baby. 

Obviously people have debated the truth of this for a very long time, but life begins at conception. Otherwise there would have to be some point where we go from being "a clump of cells that might be alive" to being "a living person." And that must happen at conception, otherwise we'd have to say something to the effect of "I came to be after my body came to be!" or something. It's weird. It makes no sense. A baby is alive, even in the womb, from the moment it is conceived. And getting an abortion kills the baby.

  • Every person is made in the image and likeness of God, and if we kill someone, we are guilty of destroying one of his masterpieces.

Children in the womb are still completely innocent. They're conceived with a sin nature, just like all of us, but they haven't had the chance, really, to act on it yet. And even if they hadn't, they are still beautiful, priceless humans who God created and loves. Murder is always, always, wrong, but even more so when the person being killed is helpless and innocent.

  • We can do better than abortion.

I'd be willing to bet that thousands of the million girls in America alone who get abortions every year do it because they feel they have no other choice. Despite the fact that pro-abortion proponents say that they are "pro-choice," hundreds of girls, when asked, report that they were pressured to get an abortion by a family member, their boyfriend, or their circumstances. For them, it hardly feels like a choice. Abortion seems like the only choice.

It doesn't have to be this way! What if Christians and non-Christians alike around the world could rise up and help the girls in crisis, who feel that the abortionist's knife is the only way out, and enable them to be able to keep their babies? There should be an onslaught of families ready to adopt babies and help girls and be there for both of them.

It's time to stand up and make the "choice" actually be a choice. Where a girl can know that if she gets pregnant and there is just no way that she can keep her baby, there will be a family ready to adopt him or her. This is our call, Christians. Please step forward and be the change in this culture.


On the chance that you're here and have had an abortion:  I'm so sorry.

You're not alone. You are in my prayers. Check out Rachel's Vineyard, a place where you can get hope and healing from what you've been through. I don't hate you; in fact, I feel nothing but grief for you, and I'm so sorry.

And if anyone reading this post is pro-choice:

I hope that this has made you think. Again, check out abort73.com like I said above. If you've read this far, thank you. Thank you for being willing to take the time to think through what I have to say. 

This is why I'm pro-life. Are you? What do you think of this post? Anything I could have said better? Chat with me! Please just keep the comments clean and remember that this is my blog. Please don't insult me :) Thanks!

~Faith

Comments

  1. This is so wonderful that you are pro-life and that you and your family adopted that baby girl! Anyway, babies are the best, so why do people want to get rid of them!? Abortion is really bad, creepy, sinful. It really, really, should be stopped!! How amazing that you got the oppertunity to fly to D. C. to help this cause!
    It is amazing that you want to help get rid of abortion! We can do it!
    I am pro-life too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's terrible! Thank you so much, I'm glad to hear it!

      Delete
  2. Amen, girl! XD Wow! You're baby sister's story is so inspiring. I agree with you totally. My family and I have and always have been pro-life! *cheers* I love babies. I have a new baby cousin, and I can't imagine life without that sweet little girl. <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know, it's so sad that people feel like that's the only way out.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome!
      It is. I mean, put the baby up for adoption or something. That child is a HUMAN BEING, and it deserves life.

      Delete
  3. Wow, your story about your baby sister is amazing! I'm also 100% pro-life, but my connection is much more abstract.

    So great that you're writing about this issue!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, all God's doing :) It's cool to have a story like this, but just being pro-life is very, very important, too.

      Delete
  4. Wonderfully worded, Faith. I'm completely pro-life about abortion and I don't agree with assisted suicide. I also am a little on the fence about the death penalty. (The Bible says murder is a sin, but also talks about the death penalty. This is why I'm not sure how I feel about it.)

    That story about your sister is amazing. I think its great that you're family took her in.

    I've seen videos from Students For Life. I think its a wonderful organization. You're taking a stand against abortion and that's wonderful. God bless you! <3

    Also, I like the background, though it surprised me for a moment. I was like, "Whaaaaa?" Really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on abortion and assisted suicide, although I do support the death penalty in certain cases (mass murder, i.e.) I'm so glad we took her in, too! They're a really sweet organization.

      Glad you like it! I was hoping that would be a reaction it would get :)

      Delete
    2. That's why I'm on the fence about the death penalty. In some cases, I think it might be best, but I just don't know what God really prefers. In the Bible, it talks about it being okay, but I just feel unsure. Its a confusing and controversial topic. Concerning the death penalty, I really can't say one way or the other unless God gives me a revelation. I'll leave it up to the professionals ... for now. :)

      Delete
  5. This is great! We definitely can do better than letting young (or older) women think that their only option is abortion. That process scars you for the rest of your life emotionally, and adoption can be much better for the women (although we also have a problem with too many kids going through the system, but that's a different issue..).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. :( Everything in this country honestly needs work, although adoption from the womb if you can get a family lined up right away while the child is still in utero is a great thing. Foster care really needs to have some work done on it... :P

      Delete
  6. It's inspiring that you are willing to tackle such a controversial topic on the web, Pro life all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's awesome that you're willing to share your feelings on this subject!! And I totally agree, there should be families out there, willing to adopt unwanted children.

    Also, LOVE your new blog background! So cute. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Madline! I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  8. You're so brave to post this, I agree wholeheartedly with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaahhhh, girl! This post is so beautiful and I am inspired by your bravery to step out and talk about this subject. It's something that NEEDS to be said. Abortion is one of the saddest and most tragic things that happen on this earth. It's got to stop. It's so inspiring to have people like you take a stand against it and make a difference! And that is SO precious about your baby sister. What a beautiful story. You and your whole family are such blessings!

    (BTW, I like your blog background! I mean, it has BOOKS, so obviously I like it. ;D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so totally agree. Abortion is a horrible thing, and we need to get rid of it :P I'm so glad we adopted her. It makes me so happy to have her in my life.

      (And hey, thanks! I kind of fell in love with it ;D)

      Delete
  10. Thank you for speaking up for the truth. I also feel very strongly about abortion, mainly because that baby could have been me. My birthmother was 18 and unmarried, and I am so, so grateful she chose adoption. There is another way, always. If someone is worried about losing touch with their baby, consider an open adoption. I know both my birthparents and love them both. We need to get the word out. I suggest checking out this cartoon. (http://adam4d.com/war-on-women/) It really makes a point. Thanks again for telling the truth unashamedly. Keep it up, girl!!
    Brianna Adara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing :) Our family did an open adoption with my sister, and while it can be awkward sometimes, it's definitely worth it.

      Delete
  11. Abortion is always wrong. You don't need to kill a growing human because there's adoption and plenty of people who cannot have children that would be more than willing to help. People sin and out of sin sometimes leads to problems like these. Unmarried, scared girls who feel like abortion is the only way. It's not.
    Those of you who have had abortions, I can't imagine the guilt you feel. Trust me you guys, it'll come.
    Have any of you (feel free to chat with me) seen the pics of the babies who are aborted? They're so tiny, but they have tiny hands and bodies. Abortion is murder. There's no way around it. Those babies rely on their mother completely. I mean, God's creating babies in their mother's womb and he thought of us before we even came to being. He thought of us before we even took our first breath. He loves us so much.
    Those babies rely on us. They're so innocent and helpless. Why cut of their life before they even have a chance to live it? Why? Give them up for adoption. Let a family who can't have children have the child you can't take care of.
    That's great about having that little girl! That was an awesome thing you guys did for that pregnant girl! God bless you guys for blessing that girl! <3
    Also, a lot of times, the girl's boyfriend threatens to leave and the girl thinks that if she gets rid of the baby, then she can have her boyfriend back. It's sad. :\
    We're definitely pro-life as well.
    *Nice background!*
    God Bless you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is. The girl who have done it are so guilty, but they need our love too. Much of the time they haven't seen anything- seeing those pictures often change their minds.

      It is so sad when that happens- a boy should never make a girl think that she has to choose between her child and him. :(

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I mean, it's murder, but Christ died for us. No matter what, there's redemption. I feel so bad for them. I pity their choice, but i love them. They do a lot. A lot of people (esp. parents) try to tell a girl that the baby is just a blood clot and you're really not aborting anything, but that is SO not true. Once a girl becomes pregnant, there's a living person in her stomach. They're so precious. I see my little baby cousin. She's seven months, and I see how precious she is. She relies on me and her parents and my grandparents so much. She needs help, and I can't imagining her being heartlessly killed.
      I actually saw a commercial today for Planned Parenthood. It drove me crazy. They make the abortion center look like such a wonderful place. They say that they probably wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for Planned Parenthood. Well, millions of human beings (alive; NOT blood clots) would be alive if it wasn't for them. I wish people would think fro a second and think of the helpless babies and not just themselves. That's what it all boils down to.
      Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry!
      *That shows you that if your boyfriend would push you to abort your BABY, then you shouldn't be with him. Not at all. That's so sad. But, it's not all on them. A girl should think for herself. I mean did they think would happen?!*
      God Bless, you all! <3

      Delete
  12. Thank you for posting this! It's always encouraging to see someone who stands up for the right to life. In my country full term abortion is legal, and there has recently been a bill passed to allow euthanasia. This weighs heavy on my heart, and I would love to see change in my nation. I hope for change in America, too. Keep up the good work, and thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sad. I'm so sorry. America is a scary place to live right now- but that's why we have to fight. Thank you too!

      Delete
  13. I agree with you completely! Part of what foster/adoptive families are for is taking in babies who can't be sufficiently cared for. Abortion is horrible, and I find it extremely sad that so many mothers are doing it.

    Have you heard the song "Lucy" by Skillet? It tells the story of a couple who chose abortion and then greatly regretted it. It's touching and heartbreaking, and if you haven't listened to it, I strongly encourage you to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true. That's why foster care/adoption exist, IMO. It's a terrible reason for it, but at the same time... it's a great blessing.

      I love that song! (I was going to say "I love Lucy," but that's a different creature altogether...) It never fails to make me tear up.

      Delete
  14. Yaaaaasssss! Thanks for this post! It's sad that people think their best option is to kill the baby. Thanks so much for speaking out about this! After being a foster family for years, and then eventually adopting, I cannot imagine life without these two little girls, or without the foster children that have come and gone from my home. I'm glad their families chose to let these children live, and I pray that the world would see the truth behind the horrible abortion process! (And I love the books! It really brightens up the blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is sad. That's an awesome story- yay for your family! (And I'm glad you like it! I will definitely keep it for a while-- I like it too!)

      Delete
  15. YESSSSS. I am pro-life forever and pray that people who are not will see the reality of what they are doing one day. Killing is killing -- no exception, and there IS always a choice.

    Thank you so much for this post <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's so good that you didn't just say "abortion is wrong and babies deserve to live!" (which I do totally agree with), you said, "Christians, let's offer them another option; let's tell these girls, who think there's no other way, that we will take the babies and love them like our own." The story about your baby sister is sweet and just plain Christianity in action. <3
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and what's the social experiment (involving your blog) about?

      Delete
    2. There does have to be another option, or otherwise the Left is justified in saying that we want babies to live and then do nothing to help them. It's just tragic. I'm so glad we have her in our family!

      That's me attempting to make a joke about polling people concerning the popularity of the book image XD I'm really bad at humor.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! *wishes she looked cool* I hope you enjoyed this post! Leave a comment that's nice, clean, and God-honoring! Thank you! I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

My Reasons for Not Seeing Beauty and the Beast

Best Movies of 2016 So Far